Jan 1, 2008

What's New?

What’s New?

This is the New Year! People all over the world look to a fresh start. A new beginning that will last the whole year long. How refreshing is something that is new. I love the newness the new year brings and want to try to keep it new every day. Here are some things to keep new the whole year:

A New Strength

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Knowing my power to live the Christian life is insufficient. I will wait upon the Lord.

Waiting, as in tarrying for and looking to and attending to the things of God in these last days.

A New Spirit

Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

The power of God is in the pure life we are commanded to keep. Endeavoring to keep my heart right and clean, I will set no wicked thing before my eyes to profane my heart. I will keep my heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life.This is a secret to power in the Christian life.

A New Man

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Here is the key to Christian life. To live daily in the new man God has created in me. The old man is done away with and is crucified with Christ. The victory is mine and I will possess it.

All Things New

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

The great and final coming of our Lord is something I can look forward to this year, What if Jesus were to return again today? Would you be ready for the final judgement on this life? Life is short and the time is at hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this little devotional with us. Are you a Pastor? What church do you go to?
Look forward to what else you blog.

Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

I am definitely looking forward to this new year of 2008. God has changed the direction of my husband's ministry. He has pastored for the past 7 years and has been getting everything done he needed to go into the federal prisons to preach and witness....but God was preparing him for the prison ministry full-time. So he will be resigning our church in a few months to go full-time in the Highways & Hedges Prison Ministry. Until then we will be going on deputation part-time. We are very excited about this change and thank God for what He is doing in our lives. Please pray for us!! This is a whole new area for us in the ministry. A lot different than pastoring I'm sure.

The Good Reporters said...

These are some really points and something we should take heed too. Thanks for posting it.

Jerry Bouey said...

Great stuff, Bro. Randy!

The Baptist Muse Topsites
eXTReMe Tracker