Jan 7, 2008

In the last days...

In the last days, scorners and mockers will come…

Jude 1:14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

We have heard it told for a long time that Jesus will soon return. It is the hope of every Christian that God will make a swift end of the ungodliness we see daily. There is coming a time when God will change this vile body and I will put on incorruption. Jesus is coming again soon as the verse above implies. At that time will be a judgement on earth the world has never seen. It is a horrible time where Gods wrath will be poured out without any mercy. Men will use their own name for a curse word then. The warnings of God are too plain to ignore.

There are those who mock and scorn Jesus Christ and His return.

2 Peter 3:3-5 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Consider the irreligious and ungodly websites out there mocking and scorning the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible. Any web search will produce hundreds of web sites built for the sole purpose of scorning the Bible and Jesus Christ. Consider also the comedy channels and movies made to mock Christianity and those who follow Christ. Try to find a movie or TV show that mocks and scorns Budda or Mohammad and Allah.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

The most sobering words that can be spoken are words of impending judgement of Christ rejectors.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

One man said,“The wheels of Gods judgement grind slow, but they grind ever so fine.”

Be sure of this, God will have the last laugh. Please read the following portion carefully. Your soul depends upon your response.

Proverbs 1:23-33 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Those that would mock and make fun of God and the Bible are in for serious trouble. You are sinning away your day of grace. Please consider your plight before you turn away to mock another day. God is not finished with you yet.





Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEs Sir I agree with you people make fun of his return but many saved people don't even live their lives like he can return any day, but God will get the last laugh. Even so Lord Jesus Come Quickly. Good Post.

Bro Tim

Sis. Julie said...

I am so anxious for the Lord to return!! I pray it is tonight!! This world gets more and more wicked all the time and I for one am ready to get out of it.

I'm with Bro. Tim....even so Lord Jesus...Come quickly!

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

You are right about people making a mock at the return and reality of Christ. It is a joke to so many people. I guess if they laugh now, they will believe later. If we believe now, we can laugh later.

The Baptist Muse Topsites
eXTReMe Tracker